Life Lessons & Pyjamas

12:46

I am pretty sure that when mankind was created millions of years ago, whoever orchestrated the creation, “The Artist” if you will, did not allocate an equal amount of time for each human. Say, for example, that the process of creating Beyoncé totalled 24 hours of intense and unrelenting tanning, tuning and toning, then I would imagine that creating Donald Trump took approximately 3 minutes and required about the same amount of effort that I put into taking my make-up off when I crawl into bed at 4am after, what was supposed to be, “a couple of drinks” i.e. zero effort.

Obviously, the Beyoncé end of the spectrum is populated by the Leonardo DiCaprio’s and Ryan Gosling’s of the world, but there is also another, more unlikely member of their elite group; the humble grandmother. The time that The Artist must have spent creating each and every grandma is far greater than Queen B, I can guarantee. Think of the thousands of baking recipes that needed to be installed into every grandma’s mind. And what about the undying love for knitwear or the infinite knowledge of small birds? And we still haven’t got to the wisdom, thoughtfulness and love that grandmas have in abundance.

Two of my most valuable life lessons have come from my grandma. The first of these lessons I learnt as soon as she uttered the words, handing me a sugary cup of tea and two Nurofen Plus to help me stave off my imminent hangover, “Playful nights makes for sorrowful days” – I have become incredibly well-acquainted with this lesson over the last few years, unfortunately however after 4 G&Ts it doesn’t seem so prominent.

The second life lesson is one that I have heard hundreds of times in between the ages of 4 and 20, “Your school days are the best days of your life”. Until now, I have never received this saying well. I could never understand how anyone could think “the best days of my life” would be spent writing essays about globalisation and not on a Hawaiian beach - u ok hun? But now that I have a full-time job, and a houseful of responsibilities, I am constantly looking back with a heavy heart and a longing to spend 72 hours straight in my pyjamas on a diet exclusively made up of Super Noodles and frozen garlic bread.

Quelle Surprise! The gods of The Highstreet have answered my prayers once again. ‘Pyjama-style’ clothing is everywhere and I have found my three favourites to share with you. In university terms that is 216 hours-straight worth of wear!

Left

Centre

Right














You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe